Saturday, April 12, 2008

Whew What a Week!


Our prayers were answered this week! Above is our grandson ~ Sy~ he is 2 years old, will be 3 in September. He caught that nasty virus that is going around. This past Monday he was so sick, and after going back and forth to the emergency room, and his pediatrician, he ended up in the hospital for three days. Our little guy came home tonight and is doing better! Of course as grandparents, seeing your children upset and grandchild so sick is heartbreaking. Now we will all get some rest and hope he remains stable and improves daily. The great thing is the weather is warmer here in NH and we saw some sun! We have had more rain, snow and clouds in the past month or two! It is depressing!
In between having friends and family over I am also knitting another dishrag. I think the patterns I have are too big. The finished size of the rags are 8.5x8.5. I am going to make them smaller from now on. Maybe the ones I am making can be used as wash cloths hehehe!!! Anyone have any thoughts on that?
Woody has been his pesty self too! He has tangled the yarn numerous times by climbing into my knitting bag. If I do not put it inside a cabinet, behind closed doors, he will get at it. He will be 2. When do cats stop this antagonizing? No kidding..we love him and know yarn is fun for him!
Well off to bed for me ... until another day..when I can show a picture of the funky quilt..Erin

7 comments:

Libby said...

So good to hear the little one is on the mend.

Three Birds Inspired said...

I can just imagine your incredible relief that your grandson is on the mend.

About using the large dishrags for wash cloths...I have several that have almost a picot edge trim and they look lovely hanging over a bath towel.

Carin said...

I am so glad to here that your sweet GS is on the mend! HUGS!

Love Bears All Things said...

So happy the crisis is over and everyone can get some rest now. I know what you mean about the cat and the yarn. I have my cross stitch in a clear plastic bag that zips which originally held thermal wrap. When I'm doing cross stitch, Smokey brings his mouse and drops it in the bag, then tries to get it back out. It is like he does it as an excuse to get his paws and nose into the bag. Not to mention the battle I have with him on my lap while I actually do the work. He tries to catch the tread as it goes through the cloth and has gotten stuck with the needle.
Glad you're posting again. I dyed my muslin. As soon as I get home, I am cutting out my Annie. I found some prints at the quilt shop that look old so didn't dye those.
Mama Bear

Teresa said...

So happy to hear Sy is better. Seeing our babies sick and we can't "fix" it, is very very hard.

My cat is almost 7 years old and she is still a pest when it comes to my threads and fabrics. Her favorite things appear to be tape of any kind and quilt batting. She cries and cries over quilt batting, dragging it all around the house all hours of the night. I can't just put the scraps in the trash as she digs them out..I have to put them in a plastic bag, and tie the bag up and then throw it in the trash. Good Grief!

Greenmare said...

oh so good to see that the little one is home and doing better. this was a bad winter for getting sick.

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

There's nothing worse than a sick child. I have known so many people with this virus in NH that it's not funny. My co-worker ended up with pneumonia from it. Hopefully this wonderful spring weather we are having now will kill these viruses. It sure is nice to get outside.