Monday, December 31, 2007
It will be a nice month of January; just logging in what fabrics I have left to work with. I really look forward to it!
1. to use up my stash I will make sure I work some projects around the fabrics-I was fortunate enough to have friends send me fabrics over the years as gifts or fq's too, as well as buying some, so I want them to be part of what I make. I must say that over the past six months I was pretty good about doing that, and will continue! I have not had a huge amount like some of the girls do, thank God! I would have no where to store it!
2. I am determined to make some paper piecing blocks. I have a acquaintance in Maine who is going to work with me! Thank you Alison! I am always wanting to learn something new every year..this is one thing I have been putting off.
3. I am going to do more with embroidery in my quilts etc.
4. I am going to plan a wedding quilt as my son will be getting married in two and a half years! I will start building the stash now for that, sorry Judy, have to do that..
5. I am going to take it one day at a time, sewing is my savior, since I am in more due to my health. If I can't do something one day it will wait until the next. Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can I say to myself all the time.
I am working on a Kwik Scrappy Log Cabin Quilt! It is fun to make and seems like I can let my mind wander a little while doing it! For me that is good. I have fibromyalgia and sometimes with the pain I am not so focused. I pick things that I can be a little messy with at times and laugh about it! I am using my stash which is great too! I will post pictures when it is finished. With more snow expected on New Years Day who knows maybe the entire top will be done this week! I am anxious to get it done, it seems like a lot of fun to make.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Sunday, December 16, 2007
My only son turned 25 today! I cannot believe he is 25! He is the youngest! Where did the time go! 25 years ago I was done the Rocky Horse quilt and it was sitting in the crib waiting for him to be born! He was born at 6:55 P.M. I have been blessed with a great son! He loves guitar, is an awesome player. He is finishing up his bachelor's degree (has his associates degree), is leaving in January 2008 to go on tour with his band, who just signed a contract with a record company (we will miss him!) and will be home off and on, and also just became engaged to a wonderful girl! Her name is Holly! I love it! My husband and I couldn't be blessed with a better family than what we have! Great news is to be shared with great friends!
Saturday, December 15, 2007
As I do I will look out my windows at this view and watch the snow just accumulate tomorrow! This is the view outside my sewing room windows! snow and more to come!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
My Flannel Flower Quilt I had designed myself last year is DONE!!! I wanted a fun, funky flower children's quilt..to do..and had fun doing it! It ended up being a king size..hehehe..my husband and I were laughing last night. We do not know a little girl who sleeps in a king size bed! Oh well...he said I got carried away as usual! Another from my list is crossed off!!! Phew....the stash is going down..down..down.. luckily I must say my grandaughter Hannah came over and loved the quilt so I took a picture of her with it. She will be four January 17th 2008! See how big this quilt is? The picture is not that good..it is really pretty up close..I am not good at taking pictures. I wanted you to get the effect of the size. It is really snowing quite a bit now so if we loose power we can cuddle in the flannel quilt, thats all.
Instead of naming five more bloggers, I think if you are reading this blog, maybe you could comment on what random interests you have! Or you can post on your blog your random interests and I will leave a comment there! How about it? Oh and Happy Blogging..
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
I finished my Thimbleberries Wall hanging! It is the Cover Story series. I love it! I am a sap for old fashioned Santa's anyway! This worked up pretty fast. This is a gift. I love making gifts.
My only hindrance was Woody sitting on the quilt as I was trying to quilt it! He has his own area to stay in. My ragdoll cat is not trained as well as Yvonne's ragdoll's --------------- ************ ( http://quiltingdownthestairs.blogspot.com/) --------------I guess..not yet anyway..but..I have to say he is not even 2 years old..so maybe his is just going to hit his terrible twos and then behave???? It did take a while for Yvonne to train her cats..so give me time I guess...right Yvonne? hehehe..