Saturday, September 22, 2007

Happy Saturday





Last day of summer! I cannot believe it!



We had moved this summer, I had surgery, and let's just say it was not a good summer. This week my husband insisted on taking me to the beach to look at the ocean, relax a little and it was well worth it. I enjoyed the fresh ocean air! It is inspiring. The last time I had been to the beach was probably two or three years ago! Sad I must say. I have bad knees and it is very difficult to walk in the sand. My favorite place to be is the beach. I always have said that if I could I would live at the beach. The seagulls were plenty, looking for food. They are not shy at all! We only brought apples, water and books to read. When we were done with our apples believe it or not they ate our apple cores! I did find some seagull feathers! Those feathers reminded me of Forest Gump sitting on the park bench and a feather falling from the sky! Remember that? You never know what kind of chocolate you are going to get when take one from a box of chocolates? you bite into a chocolate and what kind is it? That got me to thinking about quilting. Then I thought I never know what I am going to sew next, quilt next, until I walk into a quilt store and look at fabrics, patterns, you never know what kind of quilt you are going to make. Then one thing kept going back and forth in my mind.... Forest Gump:Judy Laquidara.. http://judylaquidara.blogspot.com/ I want to make one of her nine patches..funny how the mind works... see what the beach did for me? those seagulls....the beach....just that little time on the beach... I needed a little down time and now am ready to LOL?

Oh well it is Saturday..the 22nd of September, my dad would have been 70 today, I miss him so much. He had a great sense of family, a great sense of humor, always wanted to just be happy, go with the flow, loved to talk, hard worker, took good care of my mother, and loved to play ball with my brothers..he passed away suddenly at 68. He will always be missed and never forgotten.

3 comments:

Mar said...

ahh the ocean looks wonderful, it was rainy here in sunny California! We have bad knees in common. Glad you were inspired by the beach!

Donna said...

that beach looks so inviting.... being in central canada I'm a long way form any ocean front... on the other hand we've got a couple of big lakes and beaches around, but I'm not so good at getting there -- the crowds turn me off.

My dad died a couple of years ago and when his birthday comes around I miss him.

Look forward to seeing this ninepatch develop.

Shelina said...

Erin, I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're right, you never know what kind of quilt you are going to make. I often wonder what it is that makes a quilt rush to the top of the priority list from all those that are floating around as potential candidates. I think it is timing, but the right circumstances have to be there - the fabric, the pattern, the time.