Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Am Working On ......






Our grandson turned 3 recently! I made him a twin size quilt with all firefighter fabrics..He loves to play with trucks, cars, firefighter trucks, etc...so I thought this would be just perfect for him. You really can't see the fabrics too well, but you can get the gist of what I am telling you! Our little guy loved it, so did his mom but she wants to put it away and not use it! I told her this is to be used, abused, and used again...it will last...not to worry! The pics are not that good...but you get the idea of what I did here~

I am a participant of the Stitcher's Angels...so I am going to finish up my projects for that this week and send them on their way to a place far off....to someone who is very talented....and in following her blog she is an inspiration to me! I can tell you that this has been fun...learning about new quilters, stitchers~what they are up to and what they like...I also made this pillow (shown below)! A little boy named Jacob was looking for something for his mother for her birthday! I decided to let him trace and color his hands on fabric, let him do what he wanted..on another piece of fabric he wrote and drew some things....then I made it into a pillow for her! It is very simplistic, yet just perfect! Jacob was so proud of making this! His mom, Cherrie loved it! I was so happy for them..Have a great day! Erin












4 comments:

Oreste said...

Hello Erin, a salute from Rome. Ciao

Libby said...

The firefighter fabric is just right for your grandson . . . I do hope Mama will allow him to use it. Snuggles from Grandma every day *s*
Your pillow is a great idea.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Your lucky grandson will know that his grandma made the quilt with love and will remember that everytime he snuggles with it!
The pillow project is a great idea. Nice of you to help out a little guy.

Jan said...

Erin....just love that quilt! And sure your grandson will treasure it too...I really like red, white and blue quilts - they have such a good "feel" about them don't they? Like the way it's pieced too - is it a traditional block? The cushions are a great idea too! Very effective. Well done1 Jan xxx