Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Living Well Wednesday

Today I joined in on Living Well Wednesdays and I am so glad I did. I was surfing the net and I really believe the lord let me to website! I had been wondering do I join Weight Watchers again or do I just wing it. I am not an over-eater. I just do not eat what I should. I eat no more than 500 calories a day. I am about 45 lbs. overweight. I cannot do aerobic exercise due to serious knee issues. I cannot walk anymore than 10 minutes. I take many medicines. So I have serious limitations. I can swim a little. I just convinced my husband to join the health club that has a pool with me so he can help me get out and back home. I want to feel good about myself. But is it not just exercise that is what constitutes Living Well. IT is having faith, a moral compass, loving life, eating right, believing in yourself. "With God All Things Are Possible" is what is quoted on the Christianwomensonline and I believe that. Your body, mind and soul have to be one. I am going to journal my eating habits, and also pray as I usually do, and put it in God's hands. I am going to use this website and my new online friends as learning tools, be open-minded, and giving at the same time. I am thankful, blessed and guided in this direction today! So now I feel renewed! I am on my way! Thank you Jesus!!

6 comments:

Living Beyond said...

I'm so glad you found us - you will find some amazing ladies Living Well - and you are so right it is definately more about choosing to live well.

Looking forward to hearing more for you. Many blessings!

Darlene Schacht said...

I'm so glad that you joined us too. Journalling your behavior is an awesome idea. It will help you see where you need to improve. I can only imagine that it must be frustrating for you to have knee issues. I pray that God will provide a way for you to either go swimming or to do something else that will give you an outlet to move more with comfort.

Hope you're back with us next week again!!

Juliet Fieldew said...

Hi Erin, i just logged on with Live Well this week too, and am believing for good results and a fruitful journey along the way, especially as I continue to read the blogs of other Christian sisters on the same road, which are so encouraging! I just wondered whether you have heard of a product called MonaVie Active juice which has helped a lot of people with chronic pain and other issues such as you have described. I didn't join Live Well so I could try to sell MonaVie, but at the same time, I read of the things that are hindering you, and I think I should share this with you as it could really help. I really do believe this product could help you, and free you up to be able to enjoy life more. Please do look into it more and see whether this product is right for you. You can find more information on it at www.mymonavie.com/freetolive and can read some testimonials of people who have been helped by it at: http://www.mymonaviemiracle.com/read-this-first/
I really hope this is helpful to you in your journey to living well.
Much love in Christ,
Juliet. :o)

Darlene Schacht said...

Erin, you asked me a question at Live Well about picking up a book to get started. Hopefully Live Well will have a book within the year--if God continues to lead in that direction. But for now I'd suggest starting where I started which is with "The Weigh Down" by Gwen Shamblin. It's an awesome book that got me off to a great start. She also wrote "Rise Above" but I would suggest getting that one second. I hope that answered your question!

Debi said...

I am so glad you found what you have been looking for. I am doing WW and love it. My goal is to have all of my weight off by May. Good luck.

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm glad you're doing Live Well with us. We also do Thankful Thursdays with some of the same women. www.eph2810.com
The only way I can lose weight is to keep a journal of what I eat.
Living well is about the whole person, like you said. I want to accept myself and not try to be the image the world thinks I should be.
Mama Bear