Thursday, December 27, 2007

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a very nice Christmas! Now with 2008 coming I wish you all the best in the year to come!

This Christmas was low key for my husband and I. It was very nice. I had fun making pillow cases and embroidering names of the grandchildren on them with glow in the dark thread! It was such fun filling them with presents and seeing the look on our daughters faces when they received them and the grandchildren had so much fun opening them up! A lot of the gifts this year were personal for the grandchildren; I made quilts, pillowcases, or bought them things they would need.
Christmas day we went to dinner in the afternoon with extended family! What a nice meal we had. It was more of a feast! Let's just say with the family being Italian there was such an array of food, and it was continuous! I love Italian food, and that mixed in with ham, potatoes, squash, spinach, broccoli casserole, pineapple stuffing, on and on..oh boy! The deserts were to die for! My husband raved about the cheesecakes and said the hostesses mother should go into business and sell them! I must admit they were so pleasing to the eye as well as mouth watering!
Now as I sit here I wonder what to work on next! I guess it is finishing up a couple of things left from this past year! I will post pictures of them when I am finished. Then onto some things I want to make. I am trying to use up the rest of the stash. Not much left which is great!
To everyone all the best in 2008!
Erin Bennett

1 comment:

Kim said...

What a great idea to make the pillowcases and then fill them with gifts! I'll have to try to remember that one. Thanks Erin!